Medical studies show that sitting in a saddle seat stool offers some major health benefits over chairs with flat seat cushions. Saddle seat stools increase productivity, promote proper posture, open up the hips and reduce pressure on the lower back and pelvis. They encourage 'active sitting' by engaging your core muscles while you move and keep yourself upright. The sloped seat causes your body weight to be shifted from your back and bottom onto the stronger thigh muscles, causing your body to ease pressure off of the vertebrae. Leather 300 Lbs. Capacity Split Seat Saddle Stool - 22" - 29" Seat Height sold above. Under 5'4" and 145 lbs? See Small User Leather 300 Lbs. Capacity Split Seat Saddle Stool sold below.
Split seat saddle stools offer the additional benefit of ventilation and adjustability. Both halves of the seat allow for splay and tilt adjustment to fit your body's needs. The sloped split seat has been designed to reduce the impact on the pressure points during periods of intensive use for an enhanced user experience.
Everyone across all industries can benefit from ergonomic features of saddle stools. Doctors and medical professionals, but also beauticians, artists, and vet techs will all appreciate the reduction in fatigue and increase in mobility.
Constructed with a high density molded foam and upholstered in a genuine cowhide black leather for excellent durability. Lightweight yet strong aluminum base is 22" in diameter to fit perfectly in small areas and supports users up to 300 lbs. Stool easily moves with your body on five swivel casters. Standard seat height range is 22" - 29"H from the center of the seat to the floor. Need something a little taller? Purchase the optional footring kit with taller optional gas cylinder to increase the seat height range to 24" - 31".
Ships unassembled. Shipping weight 27 lbs. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING! IN STOCK!Ergonomic Features:
* Sloped split saddle seat fits the natural curve of the hips and thighs, promoting active sitting, neutral spine alignment and reducing pressure on the lower back and pelvis.
* Saddle seating has the added benefit of opening up the hips and loosening tight hip flexors, which contributes to back pain.
* The declining seat edge shifts your body weight to your thighs, more evenly distributing pressure, encouraging better circulation and reducing compression of the spine.
* Can improve upper limb function by stabilizing the shoulder girdle in the seat position, making small hand movements more precise during examinations.
* Stool rolls easily on durable polyurethane casters.Material & Adjustments:
* Resilient premium high density molded foam padded seat is upholstered in a soft, genuine cowhide leather for durability.
* Sturdy steel frame combined with polished aluminum base supports users up to 300-pounds in medical and commercial settings.
* Polished aluminum base is stronger than steel bases yet lighter weight for ease of mobility.
* Seat cushions can be pivoted to a slightly wider setting if desired.
* Pitch of seat can be adjusted forward for more active sitting.
* One touch pneumatic height adjustment.
* Ideal height for medical examinations and procedures, or for surfaces 34"H or taller. Need a desk to go with this stool? Check out our Height Adjustable Desks.
* 2" dual wheel polyurethane swivel casters included. For use on carpet or hard floors.
* Optional drafting kit with footring SOLD SEPARATELY.
* 5 Year Warranty. Measurements:
* Seat measures 17 - 18-1/2"W x 14"D overall. Gap between split seat can up be to 1-1/2"W.
* Base is 22" in diameter.
* Pneumatic height adjustable raises and lowers the seat 22" - 29"H (measured from center of seat to floor.)
* Optional drafting kit increases height range to 24" - 31"H from center of seat to floor.